This year Clark had several suggestions for his Halloween costume-lion, zebra, birthday cake, shopping cart. On Monday I told him he had to decide for good and he chose giraffe. Thanks to my friend Heidi (who had the pattern and whose Mom gave some guidance)I decided to actually go ahead and try sewing something. This was a good first garment to sew because it’s just a costume and doesn’t need to be perfect. I’m especially pleased I learned how to make a sleeve! It was important to me to make the kids costumes and I’m thrilled with the results. They were actually a lot of fun to make, especially because Paul and I did the decorating parts together, wielding the hot glue gun to great effect. Here they are, our strawberry and giraffe!
I learned how to make a hat in doing this project, and now I want to make more!
So happy trying it on just before the Halloween parade at nursery school.