This is my second pair of pants I’ve made(well, for Tabby) and this time I did much better. I followed my mother’s advice to sew the front and back seams before the inseam and somehow this made it work out evenly, as opposed to last time. I really liked the fabric-I thought it was a nice quality and it’s adorable. I bought it at thefabricfairy.com. The only trouble is I still can’t seem to do an elasticized waistband.
You’ll note that about two inches of the waistband look like it is meant to look all around. But I swear I didn’t do anything different in those two inches. I’m not going to undo it, but hopefully when I make these again I’ll be able to achieve a proper elastic waist all around. You have to wait to see a picture of Tabby modeling these, I plan for her to wear them on our vacation this week! By the way, in my attempt to make Clark’s lizard pants fit better I cut off too much of the top, have had to add a fleece addition for a waistband, but haven’t finished yet because now he objects to the color.