I had my eye on this fabric a very long time ago, finally bought it, and then waited around to cut into it, and finally did. I knew I would use the same pattern as I used for the first top I made for myself, but I decided to do the variation of the split in the front, and then decided to add the flutter sleeves. After the effort of adding the sleeves (which was, admittedly, not very difficult at all) I’m not sure I like them, but too late now!
I was afraid that this very delicate cotton voile would tear, but it held up quite well (we’ll see how it fares in the laundry-I’m convinced there are razors in our washing machine.) For the facing I used a fairly sheer yellow fabric. I also used, as called for, lightweight interfacing, but I think that the next time I might skip it all together because I feel like even the super lightweight makes it too stiff.
The best thing is that while making this I got to use some of the old sewing notions I got in the treasure haul. I was trying to figure out how to transfer the stitching lines for the v when I realized, “A-ha! I’ll use the carbon paper and tracing wheel!” It worked perfectly.
The other thing is that I used my dummy for actual use-extremely helpful to put the shirt on it and then pin the sleeves on and see how they looked.
I’m not thrilled with pictures of me, but I do like this and know when it warms up it will look great with jeans or linen capris or something like that.
(oh, and yes, I simply didn’t sew the hem yet)