In the book A is for Apron there are several pages of photos of vintage aprons. I love looking at them and there was one in particular I liked that was very full with many pockets across the bottom. I decided to see if I could copy it. Because I was making this up I didn’t want to use any of the new designer fabric I’ve recently bought. What fabric you say? Why, all of this:
I searched my stash and found some cream colored polished cotton and some brick red with a little design on it. I really liked what I came up with, though it was very very long. I divided the two center pockets in half horizontally, which I really liked in terms of aesthetics. However, I decided that it was too long and so I cut off the bottom and resewed the hem and retrimmed it. Much better.
Also key to this apron is some sort of fun gewgaw (as my friend Liz says) at the pocket intersections. I chose these lovely little flowers to add.
Still trying to decide on a name-thank you for the poll and the suggestions! Cornish Kitchen seems to be the favorite, though I worry it’s too kitchen oriented, and I am personally drawn to something with Bluebird because I have a special fondness for them and I could use a little picture of a bluebird. We’ll see. I need to pick something soon so I can have cards made up for the craft fair!