I started off the New Year on the right foot-with a nice 3 mile run! I’ve hardly run since Thanksgiving and I am desperate to not get out of the habit. I considered doing a 5K race this morning, but decided it would be good enough to just run on my own. I’m glad I did-it’s sunny and not even that cold, and I got to wear my cool new cold weather running top that Paul got me for Christmas. Let’s hope that is a habit I can keep up-which bring us to….resolutions! First I’m’ going to take a look back at last year’s resolution post and see how I actually did with my goals for the year.. oh my gosh-totally forgot that last New Year’s Day both kids threw up in a restaurant! And what’s that tasty looking orange cardamom cake? How come I never made it again? But what were my hopes for the year? “Resolution for this year? To acknowledge that not everything has to happen at once, to be less cross with my children when they are naughty, to find more time to sew and get my etsy shop going, and to get my kids out hiking and canoeing more.”
Did I succeed? Hmmm….yes and no. I think I am still way too cross with the kids and should slow down and be nicer to them and promote more harmony in the household (something that would be easier to do if a certain 6 year old could just get along with his sister.) I did not get my etsy shop going the way I thought I would, and we only canoed once. Booo!
Here’s my hopes for this year:
- to keep up with running
- to organize my recipes (I thought of this one a few weeks ago and honestly if I can’t succeed at this then there’s really no hope for me)
- to build up a supply of sewn items to sell and hopefully do a craft fair with my mother in November where she will also sell her adorable felt doll animals
- I don’t know if these two are realistic, but—buy a new car and get rid of the horrible family room ceiling and get some lighting in there.
- get up to date on my book blog
- make jam, etc. with in season produce even when I did not grow the produce myself
- to plan a family vacation in advance
- and I’ll add in last year’s again-to get my kids hiking and canoeing
I’m thinking I might need to print out this list so that I can actually try to adhere to it!
Happy New Year!